Undergraduate research provides an essential component of a student’s educational experience. Participating in research as an undergraduate will sharpen your critical-thinking skills and give you valuable preparation for life after college. The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University has several scholarships available for students who are interested in participating in research experiences with faculty.
All scholarships use a combined Scholarship Application, allowing students to easily apply for multiple research scholarships. See the Application and Selection Process section below for deadlines. Scholarship application for 2021-2022 is now closed.
Scholarship application for 2021-2022 is now closed.
General criteria for our research scholarships
- Undergraduate students with a declared major in The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences who are working in partnership with a designated faculty member who is willing to mentor the student.
- Full-time enrollment if the research occurs during fall or spring (12 semester hours; if you're awarded a scholarship and do not maintain full-time enrollment, your scholarship may be cancelled).
- Recipients must have a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA (high school, community college or ASU).
- A joint research project proposed by the student and faculty member.
- Students may gain an additional award if presenting their research results, in partnership with the faculty mentor, in a public forum.
- Financial need is not required.
Arizona Power Authority scholarships
To encourage studies in the power and energy fields, the Arizona Power Authority funds annual awards for students. At least one $1,500-$3,000 (depending upon the length of research). Scholarship application is now closed.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen.
- Preference for students who demonstrate leadership, academic excellence and economic need.
- Preference for students engaged in undergraduate research with faculty.
- Preference for students who are mathematics or science majors wishing to study and become part of the power and energy field.
Sheldon Davidson Family Research Scholarship
The Sheldon Davidson Family Research Scholarship is a tribute to Dr. Sheldon Davidson’s interest in lifelong learning and his distinguished career in medicine. To encourage and support undergraduate research that demonstrates an ability to think about contemporary issues and to resolve them with innovative solutions, the Sheldon Davidson Family Research Scholarship was established. One $1,000 scholarship will be available. Scholarship application is now closed.
Students must demonstrate the “ability to think” about contemporary issues and to resolve them with innovative solutions. An additional essay is required as part of application.
The application and selection process
Application for 2021-2022 is now closed.
Contact TheCollegeScholarships@asu.edu with questions.