Adding or changing majors? Start here.
Are you curious about changing majors or adding an additional degree? Below are some resources to get you started in the right direction! In addition to the links below, we also have a team of advisors at Armstrong Hall ready to help you find success as you transition to a new academic path.
Before changing or adding a degree, review the "homework assignments" listed below and complete at least two:
- Search Undergraduate Degree Programs.
- Interview someone who works in a field you’re interested in, then search Undergraduate Degree Programs to find an ASU program that matches that field.
- Review the listing of majors available at ASU. Cross off those that you have no interest in, and circle at least three that you would consider pursuing. Then, search Undergraduate Degree Programs.
- Visit the ASU Career Services website. Under Students, click on Career Guidance Tools and complete the Arizona Career Information System survey. The login username for azcis is asucareer and the password is 4azcis02. Then search Undergraduate Degree Programs to find a link between your survey results and majors at ASU.
- Visit the ASU Bookstore and peruse textbooks in courses that look interesting to you or that you’ve always wanted to take, then study the ASU program offerings.
When you review Undergraduate Degree Programs at the eAdvisor website, be sure to take note of minimum grade point average requirements. Remember, some colleges at ASU have higher GPA standards than the university minimum of 2.00.
For students wishing to add an additional degree, please also visit our concurrent degrees page to learn more about the process.
Make an appointment with an advisor
If, after completing these tasks, you have determined your new major (and you meet minimum GPA requirements), make an advising appointment with an advisor at Armstrong Hall. It is important that you discuss program options and requirements with an advisor before changing your major.
Our goal is your goal: success in a program that is the right fit for you (and one you enjoy!), and graduate from ASU. We are here to assist you in your search and look forward to working with you.