The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is seeking a group of motivated leaders to help ease the transition to university life for our first year students. We are looking for a group of Learning Assistants that will serve as role models and mentors to the students in the LIA 101 Student Success in The College course. Through this position you will grow your skills in leadership, communication, and teamwork, and be a resource for new students within The College. You will have the opportunity to build relationships and guide our first year students.
Participation in the Learning Assistant program will include credit for LIA 394, and will give you a unique opportunity to connect with staff, faculty, and fellow student leaders within The College.
Qualifications & Eligibility
- 2.75 minimum grade point average at Arizona State University
- good standing with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- must have a declared major in The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- 24 credit hours completed at ASU by end of spring 2022
- Involvement in on- and/or off-campus activities
- Prior leadership/teaching/mentoring experience
- Experience speaking or presenting to an audience
- Enroll in LIA 394 for 3 credits (upper-division credit)
- Be able to attend class this fall on Wednesdays 3:00-4:15pm or Thursdays 9:00-10:15am in Armstrong Hall
- Lead meaningful discussions
- Help up to 72 first-semester students adjust to life at ASU
- Introduce students to facilities and resources available
- Serve as a role model for students in your assigned LIA 101 courses
- Assist instructors with evaluating student participation and performance
Submit online application including a current resume, short answer questions, and a faculty/staff reference.
- Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, February 22nd, 2022 at 11:59pm.
- Mandatory training sessions will be held on Monday, August 15th, and Wednesday, August 17th.
For more information
Contact Logan Franklin