Fill out the Course Override form to begin the process for requesting a class override for courses offered by The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. To verify the college offering the course, click on the course description in the ASU Schedule of Classes. After the course description and enrollment requirements, the college/school offering the course will be indicated.
- This form can only be used during the add/drop enrollment period. After the add deadline, you must contact the department offering the course.
- Allow 2 business days for processing.
Types of Overrides
- Prerequisite Override - You will need either permission from the instructor or documentation that the pre-requisite course is either complete or in-progress.
- Class Full - You will need permission from your instructor and in many cases permission from the academic unit offering the course. Even with instructor permission, an override may not be possible due to a lack of physical seats in the classroom and fire code restrictions.
- Instructor Permission - This override is for courses where instructor permission is necessary for enrolling in the course.
- Departmental Consent - This override is for courses where the academic unit must approve all enrollments in the course.
- Time Conflict- This override is needed when your classes overlap or are less than 15 minutes apart. If your courses do overlap, you will need permission from any instructors who are allowing you to miss class time in order to accommodate the time conflict.
*** Please note that Course Reserves cannot be overridden. To find out information who the seats are reserved for or when they may be released, perform a catalog/course search and click on the desired course. The reserved seat information will be listed at the bottom of the page. An override cannot be performed if there are no non-reserved seats available and you do not meet any of the reserve requirements.