Complete and submit the following recruitment documents to the appropriate College divisional director of fiscal and business operations:
- If your search may lead to the hiring of an individual who is not eligible to work in the U.S. please consult the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and International Students and Scholars Center regarding labor certification and search process requirements and take the necessary and appropriate actions to ensure that your recruitment is successful.
- The following items must be included in the advertisement:
- “The College values our cultural and intellectual diversity, and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.”
- “Background check is required for employment.”
- “Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)"
- “In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.”
- "COVID-19 Vaccination - Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage."
Diversity Statements: The College requires that all faculty (year-to-year and tenure/tenure-track), and postdoctoral job ads must require a diversity statement as part of the application materials, using the following language:
“A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion will advance ASU’s commitment to inclusive excellence.”
FA searches do not have to require a diversity statement in the application materials.
Rubrics – The rubric is a tool to guide evaluations. Focus the rubric on the required and desired criteria that was established in the Position Description, making sure to include criteria related to contributions to equity, diversity and inclusion. Teaching, research, professional and public service contributions that promote diversity and equal opportunity are to be encouraged and given recognition in the evaluation of the candidate's qualifications. These contributions to diversity and equal opportunity can take a variety of forms including efforts to advance equitable access to education, public service that addresses the needs of our diverse population, or research in a scholar's area of expertise that highlights inequities. (Examples can be provided for your use – please contact the Office of Academic Personnel team.)
Once recruitment documents are approved at The College level, the unit creates a position in Interfolio Faculty Search.
- After reviewing the position for accuracy and completion “Submit for Approval.”
- The College Office of Academic Personnel will review the position and then approve or send back for corrections. You will receive an email once the position is approved.
- Add the unique Interfolio URL for the position’s “Apply Now” landing page to your advertisement document.
The unit contacts the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) to provide the Interfolio ID number as the ODEI assigned number.
- ODEI will post a link to your job ad on the ASU Job Opportunities webpage (required for competitive searches). Make sure you provide ODEI with the appropriate link to the webpage where a copy of the complete ad is posted. Usually, units will have the ad appear on their unit website.
- Unit proceeds with posting the advertisement consistent with approved search plan.
Search Committee screens applications consistent with application deadline and screening criteria outlined in search plan.
Complete the Applicant List. For instructions and forms related to this process, please follow the Process Guide for Interfolio Applicant Lists as found on the Office of the Provost's Personnel Processes page.
- List applicants in the following order: interviewees, alternates in order of preference, and alphabetized list of rejected candidates.
- Unit staff member coordinating the search must obtain the results from the Equal Opportunity Survey in Interfolio as described in the Process Guide for Interfolio Applicant Lists. Using the report, complete the Ethnic, Gender, and Vet Status columns on the applicant list. Survey results should not be shared with the search committee under any circumstances.
- Complete the column indicating whether the applicant is an ASU employee and whether you wish to interview the applicant, and then enter a disposition status for all rejected candidates.
Submit for approval to The College Office of Academic Personnel: Beverly McBride (Humanities) Beverly.McBride@asu.edu; Christine Willett (Natural Sciences) Christine.Willett@asu.edu, and Jeanet Renaldi (Social Sciences) Jeanet.Renaldi@asu.edu, the PDF portfolio with the Applicant List, Search Plan, Long Ad, Notes/Summaries/Grids, and CV’s as descripted in the Process Guide for Interfolio Applicant List.
Upon approval of the Applicant List, unit schedules and interviews desired candidates. All candidates being recruited for a tenured, tenure-track, or multi-year appointment must meet with the respective College dean of division. All candidates approved for interview must be interviewed.
Unit head identifies preferred candidate and discusses parameters of an offer of employment with respective dean of division.
Unit updates the Applicant List to identify the preferred candidate and enters new disposition status for the rejected interviewees and alternates. The updated Applicant List should be sent to The College Office of Academic Personnel: Beverly McBride (Humanities) Beverly.McBride@asu.edu; Christine Willett (Natural Sciences) Christine.Willett@asu.edu, and Jeanet Renaldi (Social Sciences) Jeanet.Renaldi@asu.edu, the CV of the preferred candidate, along with any email correspondence between the dean and the unit head that defines the offer parameters (as appropriate).
The College Office of Academic Personnel drafts appointment letter and circulates for approval. Approved draft, revised Applicant List, and preferred candidate CV go to provost for approval (as applicable). The official appointment letter will be sent by The College Office of Academic Personnel to the unit head as a pdf. The pdf will serve as the official offer. Unit head will forward the pdf to the candidate.
Upon receipt of the accepted offer letter, The College Office of Academic Personnel will forward a pdf of the accepted offer letter via email to the Office of the Provost of the University (if applicable), the hiring unit, the respective dean, and The College divisional director of fiscal and business operations.
Unit conducts a background screening (per ACD 126) and begins internal hiring process. Click here for policy and procedure.
At the conclusion of the search, unit works with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to close the search as appropriate.
Complete and submit The College Waiver of Recruitment and the candidate’s CV to the appropriate College divisional director of fiscal and business operations.
Unit head discusses parameters of offer of employment with respective dean of division.
The College Office of Academic Personnel drafts appointment letter and circulates for approval. Approved draft, revised Applicant List, and preferred candidate CV go to provost for approval (as applicable). The official appointment letter will be sent by The College Office of Academic Personnel to the unit head as a pdf. The pdf will serve as the official offer. The unit head will forward the pdf to the candidate.
Upon receipt of the accepted offer letter, the The College Office of Academic Personnel will forward a pdf of the accepted offer letter via email to the Office of Provost of the University (as applicable), the hiring unit, the respective dean, and The College divisional director of fiscal and business operations.
Unit conducts a background screening (per ACD 126) and begins internal hiring process. See here for policy and procedure.