Concur User Interface (UI) update

As of Sept. 6, 2022, Concur has been updated to the New User Interface.

The ASU Travel Office announced that Concur launched an updated User Interface (UI) that makes processing Requests and Expenses quicker and easier. The new UI includes a cleaner and streamlined change of layout, which will offer more intuitive and straightforward page navigation. We encourage everyone to review the instructional job aid, Old vs. New UI.

As always, for additional help with Concur, refer to the Traveler Resources page on the Travel Services page or contact
Zoom Training will be available throughout September and October. Sign up here for training.


  1. Please be sure that all travel are signed by the appropriate authorized travel official (ATO) for your unit. All department chair or director travels must be signed by the Dean's Office.
  2. If the hotel rate is over the maximum allowed rate, please provide documentation if it is a conference designated hotel. If it was not conference designated, please provide a justification for requesting a higher rate and send through VP for approval. However, there are exceptions; ATO's can approve hotel rates at the federal per diem amount. You must state that it is an approved federal rate on the travel documentation.
  3. Please note that the only travel expenses that can be paid directly by Pcard are airfare and registration. All other expenses must be paid directly by the traveler and reimbursed when the travel is completed. The Pcard should not be used to guarantee hotel rooms, even if the intent is to use another card for payment upon checkout.

Quick links to travel Tools:

US Per Diem Rates

Foreign Per Diem Rates (select year then month for the correct rates)

Foreign Currency Converter (Oanda)

MyASU Trip Travel Information

Current ASU Travel Guidance

College International Travel Supplemental Form

The following Travel circumstances will require Dean level approvals:

  • Travel Authorizations greater than $5,000 will require Dean approval. Please submit Travel Authorization forms to your CLAS Dean BOM. Your BOM will review, obtain Dean approval and then return to the unit.
  • Travel for Chairs/Directors will require Dean approval as ATO. Please submit all Travel Authorizations forms for your Chair/Director to your CLAS Dean BOM. Your BOM will review, sign as ATO or obtain Dean ATO approval, and then return to the unit. If you are using the online travel system via MyASU Travel, please route your authorization to your CLAS Dean BOM as the ATO. Your BOM will approve as ATO after reviewing with the Dean. The following are the ASURITE ID's for your respective BOMs for routing:
    • Humanities: sbec (Sarah Beth Cushing)
    • Natural Sciences: bergamy (Amy Kuhns)
    • Social Sciences: mknicely (Mindy Knicely)
  • Certain travel exceptions that are denied by Travel until further review and approvals are obtained. If Travel denies an expense after the travel reimbursement has been submitted and they request further approvals from the Dean and VP/Provost; please email your CLAS Dean BOM with the request for approval. The email should include a justification and backup for the expense in question. Your BOM will obtain Dean and Provost approval, forward approval back to the unit, who in turn may then work with Travel to process the reimbursement.

Please see the following Travel websites for further information on processing Travel:

Travel Guide

Travel Policy (FIN 500)